Lakireddy Bali Reddy College of Engineering (LBRCE) started the “Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship” (CIIE) for nurturing and encouraging students with innovative business ideas. The centre is established in July, 2017. The centre is registered as LBRCE- IC Foundation under section 8, companies Act 2013, which is certified by minister of corporate affairs Govt. of India as LBRCE-IC FOUNDATION.
Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship are the driving forces of economic growth and social development for any country. In an increasingly technology-driven world, both the central and state governments have realized that there is an urgent need to work towards training and skilling our youth, especially professional students. Continuous skill development seems the most realistic and plausible way to help young professional students to adjust more seamlessly to the ever changing and increasingly challenging world of work. As the residual state of Andhra Pradesh seeks that to move progressively towards becoming a 'knowledge economy', the professional engineering colleges must become the most vibrant nerve centre to drive that growth story. In order to do so, it must focus on creating a dynamic ecosystem of learning, practical and forward-looking that is responsive to the changing paradigms of job and employment.
It is with this rationale that Lakireddy Bali Reddy College of Engineering has taken the lead to set up a Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Entrepreneurship within the campus to co-create productive human and technological resources to serve the region as well as our state. The overall objective of the centre is to strengthen students' capacities and abilities through enhanced real time knowledge and skills for optimizing entrepreneurial opportunities. Also, it seeks to reinforce them with need-based domain-specific skills and respond to the needs of the individual, society and the economy.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship.
- Encourage students and faculty for innovation, idea generation and product development
- Provides seed fund to transform an idea into a product
- To provide a platform for speedy commercialisation of technology developed by new entrepreneurs.
- To promote New Technology/ knowledge/ Innovation based start-ups.
- To build a vibrant start-up ecosystem, by establishing a network between Academia, Financial Institutions, Industries, and other Institutes.
- Help with the patenting process and aims to generate patentable ideas every year.
To be a centre of excellence that fosters synergy between academia and industry that nurtures the entrepreneurial spirit and instills research in mind among students to help them become self-reliant and contribute to nation-building.
- The Centre will build an ecosystem to incubate and support innovative ideas in the region to enact wealth and employment action through successful start-ups
- To create entrepreneurial opportunities for students, faculty and researchers
- To support technology entrepreneurship emerging technologies by marshalling the resource of Centre.
- To nurture technology and knowledge-based ventures through their start-up phase by providing the necessary support.
- To assist in commercialization of innovative ideas from students.
Students who are having innovative ideas, and want to develop product can register in the below given link:
Dr. A. Narendra Babu
Professor, Dept. of ECE
Dr. T. Rajasekhar
Professor, Dept. of MBA